You are warmly welcome to the Interdisciplinary LIBRARY for Sustainability (#IDLS, https://idls.wordpress.com/).
This is perhaps the most innovative piece of work that I have developed as part of my Sustainable University One-stop Shop Experiment (http://www.sustainableuni.kk5.org/), which is recognised in UNEP Greening Universities Toolkit (http://www.sustainabilityexchange.ac.uk/files/unep_greening_university_toolkit-final-small_size.pdf, page 61).
My attempt here is to bring together different types of sustainability content onto one platform so that research publications and cartoons exist in close proximity – perhaps separated by a story or a video or a UN report!
Despite this mix, you can easily search for what you like – in three ways:
- The search box
The six categories are based mainly on the type of post/ source:
- Academic/ Reports
- Learning/ Information
- News/ Features
- Quotes/ Sayings/ Poetry
- Social/ Blogs
- Videos/ Photos/ Graphics
Tags relate to the content of the post and are structured around what I call ‘3-pathway approach to sustainability engagement’, namely disciplines, interests and continents.
The search box can be used for searching words, including those not among the tags or the categories.
Hope you will enjoy your visit today. Much appreciated if you could kindly express your thoughts (as comments).
Phase 1 is now complete and comprises around 130 posts. Of course, Phase 2 will follow. So please visit this Library again in the future…
Wave Hypothesis for Sustainability ENGAGEMENT | #SustyEngWAVE
Wave Hypothesis for SUSTAINABILITY Engagement across boundaries – illustrated with examples https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/wave-hypothesis-sustainability-engagement-across-asitha-jayawardena
Wave Hypothesis in action
One event, 10 opportunities for SUSTAINABILITY ENGAGEMENT | Ashden Awards ride the WAVE Hypothesis https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/one-event-10-opportunities-sustainability-engagement-ride-asitha
INTERDISCIPLINARITY facilitation for Sustainability Education and Research | #IDLS
Interdisciplinary Library for Sustainability https://idls.wordpress.com/about/
Knowledge JOURNALISM for Sustainability | #KnowledgeJOURNALISM
Taking sustainability RESEARCH to the public | Knowledge JOURNALISM press articles and news/ feature blogs https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/taking-sustainability-research-public-knowledge-press-jayawardena
PRESS ARTICLES based on:
- Research publications https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/sustainability-engagement-examples-press-articles-asitha-jayawardena
- Interviews with academics and professionals https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/press-articles-based-interviews-academics-engagement-jayawardena
- Public lectures by academics and professionals https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/press-articles-based-public-lectures-academics-asitha-jayawardena
- Conferences & seminars https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/press-articles-based-conferences-seminars-engagement-jayawardena
Sustainability STORYTELLING | #SustySTORY
- Aliens https://sustystory.wordpress.com/tag/aliens/
- Future https://sustystory.wordpress.com/tag/futurestory/
- Dreams https://sustystory.wordpress.com/tag/dreamstory/
- Modern folk tales https://sustystory.wordpress.com/tag/modernfolktale/
Sustainable University POETRY | #SUpoetry
- By great poets https://supoetry.wordpress.com/category/great-poets/
- Asitha’s poetry https://supoetry.wordpress.com/category/asithas-poetry/
Sustainable University QUOTES | #SUquotes
- General https://suquotesfacts.wordpress.com/
- Celebrities https://suquotesfacts.wordpress.com/category/celebrities/
Sustainable University NEWS | #SUnews
News posts https://sunewsinfo.wordpress.com
The Sustainable University (SU) One-stop Shop | http://www.sustainableuni.kk5.org/
The Sustainable University Support (SUS) Model https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/university-aspiring-do-better-sustainability-sus-hand-jayawardena
Twitter @SustainableUni1 | #IDLS #SustyEngWAVE #SustySTORY #KnowledgeJOURNALISM #SUpoetry #SUquotes #SUnews #SUSmodel